Who says you can’t walk and chew food at the same time?
Take a leisurely stroll along the charming coast of Pacific Beach between Ocean Boulevard and Dawes Street while sampling savory and sweet delights from a handful of varied cuisines offered by participating restaurants in the annual Restaurant Walk Coast of Pacific Beach.
The event takes place on Wednesday, May 25 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $30 per person.
“We are thrilled to be hosting events in PB again,” said Sunny Lee, executive director of Discover PB, a non-profit organization dedicated to stimulating economic development in this district. “The Coast Walk, a fundraiser for Discover PB, was launched to promote businesses that are along the PB coast and to introduce people who have not been to the area to come and try different restaurants along on the side.”
“We love participating every year,” said Krista Marcheschi, Director of Events and Marketing for The Beach Club at Maverick. “It attracts new faces and allows returning customers to think outside the box and experience new dishes.”
These include Maverick’s Baja fresh, summery shrimp tempura skewers served on a bed of cabbage with cucumber jalapeno salad and a drizzle of chipotle wasabi aioli offered at the Coast Walk.
“Buy your pass, get in, show your ticket to the waiter, grab a drink, stay as long as you want, and experience all that Maverick has to offer,” Marcheschi said.
Callie Dunn, Acting General Manager of Swagyu Chop Shop, said she was also excited to sample the A5 Wagyu beef jerky that is served as part of their tasting menu.
“It gives people a chance to enjoy this delicacy and buy it at the restaurant or the online store,” Dunn said.
By the end of April, more than a dozen restaurants were on board, with more to come, Lee said. Restaurants and their offerings include:
• 710 Beach Club — enjoy pulled pork sliders, chicken lollipops and homemade mozzarella sticks.
• Amplified Ale Works Kitchen and Beer Garden in the promenade — it offers chicken and vegetable skewers, pita and hummus.
• Council and Brew Pacific Beach — serving samples of Turkey Club, California Delights and Vegetable Supreme sandwiches.
• Bare back grid – serve turkey chili with white beans.
• Palmy’s Cafe – try invigorating sips of homemade smoothies.
• PB Shore Club – it features a variety of mini tacos.
• The local PB — it serves sweet potato tacos and spring rolls.
• Ocean Pizzeria — Taste pepperoni, cheese, barbecue and meat eater pizzas.
• The Hideout Bar & Grill – features anti-spam sliders and a macaroni salad.
• Pacific Beach Ice Cream Companyy – it scoops a limited-edition seasonal flavor.
• The duck dive, Baja Mama Snacks, Swagyu Chop Shop and Maverick’s Beach Club – all feature new and popular items.
Vegetarian options will also be offered in some restaurants.
Coast Walk tickets can be purchased on the Discover PB website at pacificbeach.org. You can also buy them at the Marché Paysan du PB which is held every Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Bayard between Grenat and Grand avenues.
Will-call opens at 3 p.m. on May 25 to pick up cards and lanyards.
For questions, call Discover PB at 858-273-3303.